Thursday, May 17, 2012

Another poem...

We are nearing the end of the school year and I think it's time for another poem.  This one is for Abby.


Yesterday it was princesses and bows
Cinderella and Dora.
Now, Justin Beiber and the Hunger Games
Swim team, choir, and texting (TTYL XOX).
And sometimes, I study your face
To see if my baby's still in there.
But we walked along the other day
And you said something funny
Grown up and funny
And we laughed together
A good, long, honest laugh
Like friends sometimes share.
And the thought occurred to me...
"That's my daughter!"
And I know the best days are still ahead...


But forgive me if, every once in a while, I pull you close to me
And hug you tight
And call you my sweet, little girl
The first person in the world
To ever call me mommy.



1 comment:

  1. oh, sarah! :( why did you have to make me cry?!?!

    this is beautiful, just like your sweet little girl.

    miss you

    ReplyDelete